I seem to have a lot of issues removing screws (I’ll save myself the embarrassment of linking to them all here). Every time it happens, someone suggests I get an electric drill and try that. I have a drill, but I felt weird about using it for those sorts of projects.
My drill, courtesy of my dad.
First up, was trying it on the door knobs.
Nope, didn’t work for that one…
…and didn’t work on that one either. Those two screws are flat head, and it seemed like the drill couldn’t catch on them. It was also a tight fit for the drill in the small space between the knob and the plate.
Then I tried it on my most recent foe: the fire escape gate.
It took a minute or two for me to get the drill in the proper placement, but then a few seconds of drilling at full speed (once I set it to reverse) the screw came out! The next seven came out so quickly, I wondered why I hadn’t tried this before!
Ahh, the window keeps looking better and better! The bottom metal piece is there because the sill and moulding are very dirty, and I didn’t want to look at it. And there’s a few more small bits around the window that I’ll have to remove now too. Luckily I have a new trick up my sleeve 🙂