After the incident, I asked the super for suggestions to prevent a reoccurrence. He suggested filling all the holes and gaps in the bathroom. I asked about using caulk, and he said that should work. So off to Lowe’s I went!
I got the fancy caulk gun that has a built in cut hole and spike (technical terms), and assembled them together.
There weren’t many places in the bathroom that I felt that a large bug could sneak through, but I started in this corner where a wall tile had fallen.
Globs of caulk later (and with the help of a few fingers), I felt confident that this corner has been plugged.
I then turned my attention to the built-in laundry hamper.
It seemed like there were some gaps between it and the wall, so it got a border of caulk.
I got carried away with my new-found power, and caulked a little section of the shower.
Not the prettiest job (and the old caulk should really be removed), but an improvement.
Now just have to hope it keeps the creepy crawlies away!
PS. Thanks to my friend for the post title!