It had only been a few days since hanging up pictures in the dressing room, but at 6 am on Sunday morning, the “Good Fortune” cross stitch came crashing down–startling me awake.
This same picture had fallen down in my last apartment, but that was over a year after it was originally hung up, and this time I had replaced the Command Strips. Yesterday when it fell, the back of the frame fell off and a piece of it broke (just the frame stand, but still).
To hang it up again, I decided to use a Command hook.
And it’s back up.
Now I just have to hope that this isn’t a sign my good fortune is running out!
It’s been over two months since I painted the dressing room, but it doesn’t feel that long ago! I finally got around to hanging some picture in the empty corner above the ghost chair.
I took out some of the pictures I hadn’t used yet, and arranged a few of them on the floor.
Then I used 3M Command Strips to hang them on the wall.
I had accidentally hung a few of them off center or crocked, but the Command Strips for pictures are kind of like Velcro, and it was easy to reposition the frame.
Just a little added cheer for getting ready in the morning, and any time someone goes to the bathroom!
I moved to New York with very little furniture, and I bought a lot of stuff off Craigslist. One of the first items I bought after arriving in NYC was a Crate and Barrel iron and glass coffee table. It was a makeshift TV stand for a bit after I got it.
However, I knew I didn’t like the dark color of the iron, since the metal of choice in my apartment is gold. Luckily, it was fairly easy to remedy with some gold leaf Rub ‘n Buff!
I put a little dab on my finger and rubbed it into the metal frame. It took some time and finesse getting into all the crevices, but I love how it turned out!
It wears off a little with a lot of use, so I need to reapply every few months in a few places that I touch a lot. The little tubes last a really long time; so far I haven’t even gone through a full one!
After I hung the two biggest pieces of art I have, the wall next to it looked a little lonely.
I laid out a few frames that looked good next to each other and fit the space.
Then I just needed some more 3M Command Strips, and a little patience to get things straight…
…and then the wall was lonely no more!
Now that the bedroom walls are painted, it’s time to hang some art!
Using 3M Command Strips, I hung a quilt my mom made for me in college, and a painting I did about five years ago (inspired by Van Gogh’s Almond Blossoms).
Yay hanging up meaningful pieces! I thought the two large items would be enough to sufficiently cover the wall, but it looks a little weird and sparse. I’ll think about adding more pictures to it as I hang my remaining frames in other parts of the apartment.